In football and its processes, uncertainty predominates in a very significant way given the intrinsic complexity of the game. Reducing this uncertainty is imperative for football clubs if they want to optimise the performance of their most important assets and reduce the risks in the decision-making process.
3 fundamental aspects in the football industry:
- The need to overcome certain problems, mainly the need to reduce uncertainty in decision-making.
- The capacity of football to generate information that can be modelled by artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Value of the ability of these algorithms to generate a type of analysis that takes football to highest dimension, in the predictive and prescriptive category.
Current sports analysis shows deficiencies in the answers provided if we only approach the analysis based on the collection and storage of data and the visualization of past data through descriptive methods. (Big Data)
In football, these shortcomings can be resolved through the correct use of new technologies.
Now, greater precision is possible by being able to obtain a deeper underlying knowledge thanks to Artificial Intelligence.
It is necessary to identify the main differences of the four types of analysis (see Figure 1) that, from the Big Data, are able to answer different questions:
- Descriptive dimension: What has happend?
- Basic descriptive analysis. Visualization and descriptive statistics. (Big Data)
- Causal dimensión Why has it happend?
- Basic diagnostic analysis
- Predictive dimension What will happend?
- Predictive analysis: Artificial Intelligence
- Prescriptive analysis What can I do to make what I want to happend?
- Prescriptive analysis: Artificial Intelligence
Olocip’s most advanced AI is capable of modelling the existing information in football in a way adapted to each sports entity, thus developing a more complex and meaningful analysis, transforming data from the past into new knowledge, providing solutions beyond the scope of any other analysis and thus offering a differential competitive advantage in sports entities.
Three main vertexes of Olocip’s Artificial Intelligence